You may not realize that you have a stressful attitude, but those around you may be treading lightly. Maybe you have never thought about the things you do in light of stress and how it’s affecting your relationships. Fixing this is not as simple as squeezing a smiley ball stress reliever – but it might help. Rather, there is a multitude of various factors and stressors that may need to be addressed.
So how do you know if you’re experiencing stress symptoms? Here is quick list of questions you can ask yourself:
- Do you lose your temper more quickly than usual? Are your family members or coworkers always walking on eggshells around you because you are touchy? (Ask your spouse if you aren’t sure)
- Are you having more trouble concentrating on things? Is even finishing simple tasks getting stressful?
- Do you find yourself getting anxious and depressed more than is usual for you – and it doesn’t just go away?
- Are you having neck problems and headaches more often than usual? How about stomach pains?
- Do you grind your teeth – day or night? If you wake up with a headache, it may just be that you do. Ask your spouse.
- Do you brush off the little pleasures in your life like your child bringing you a drawing, or do you ignore a beautiful sunset?
- Do you find yourself going to the fridge for snacks or the cupboard for drinks more often? Are you perhaps smoking more heavily?
If you answered “yes” to more than one or two of these questions, you can be sure that you have excessive stress in your life.
Just knowing you have stress symptoms can help you get on with dealing with it in a constructive way. Check out top stress busting tips you can start today.
Decide to de-stress – it is a life choice.